Re: [xsl] FOP : consumption memory

Subject: Re: [xsl] FOP : consumption memory
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:43:39 -0000
If your content has natural page breaks (meaning elements that always
start a new page) you can always start a new page sequence at that point.

If your content does not have such nature page breaks then of course you
can't. In that case, one solution would be to generate the intermediate
area tree (a feature of FOP and all the other FO engines) and then use it
to find elements that happen to start on new pages and regenerate the FO
with page sequences started at those points. But that seems like rather a
lot of effort.

It might be easier to just give the Java VM running FOP more memory.

If this is XML that can be shared publicly I'd be interested in helping
diagnose this issue in exchange for the ability to use the XML for demos.

Cheers,

Eliot
bbbbb
Eliot Kimber, Owner