Re: [xsl] Comparing attributes and setting the values

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparing attributes and setting the values
From: "Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:43:09 -0000
Am 19.08.2014 um 10:33 schrieb varun bhatnagar:

> <xsl:template match="/">
>         <A>
>             <target>
>                 <xsl:apply-templates select="//Item"/>
>                 <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('File2.xml')/*//Item"/>
>             </target>
>         </A>
>     </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

> But it is not coming this way. It starts from 1 again for the second file. I
want to be sequential.
> What can I do for that?

Without even understanding what your codes logic is trying to do this is what
I would expect. I would not expect the preceding:: axis to automagically work
across any number of sequential xsl:apply-templates.

It seems to me you must use a two-step approach by first joining all <Item>
into a single root element.

- Michael