Re: [xsl] Compacting with xmllint

Subject: Re: [xsl] Compacting with xmllint
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:53:32 -0000
The question of whether a file is too big to transform depends on the tree
size, not the lexical XML size. Presumably --format is only changing
whitespace, and a decent processor will compress whitespace, or remove it
entirely if you specify xsl:strip-space.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 26 Oct 2014, at 20:00, Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx

> I'm sure most are familiar with the --format option on xmllint to get more
readable XML. I've also found it useful for compacting a large file. A file of
mine that was 92MB pre-compacting comes out at 86MB after. This could be very
handy for files like mine that are bordering on being too big to transform.