Re: [xsl] How do I set up my Saxon call to update/pass back a log file

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I set up my Saxon call to update/pass back a log file
From: "Hank Ratzesberger xml@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:01:04 -0000
Hi Catherine,

do you mean the shell variable that is the status of the last executed
command? ( $? in bash shell)

This seems like a quick explanation:

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/03/bash-shell-exit-status/

Sounds like you need to save the standard out and error to a log so
you can evaluate the specific Saxon error:

host# /usr/java5/bin/java ... &>out.log

I can't find the errors that Saxon (through the java runtime) will
return (maybe anything but 0), but the full error code, in the
standard error output, is explained here:

http://www.saxonica.com/html/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/trans/SaxonErrorCode.html

You could have out.log mailed to you or grepped for the status.
Otherwise, it would take a java class to configure Saxon and evaluate,
as Michael suggests.

HTH

--Hank

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Catherine Wilbur cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx