Re: [xsl] Using doc( ) to get a second input file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using doc( ) to get a second input file
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:30:33 -0000
>  My transform fails due to the root element template being executed a
> second time.

A neat general way to avoid such problems is to use modes.

So, instead of:

     <xsl:apply-templates select="$myActionSet"/>

use:

    <xsl:apply-templates select="$myActionSet" mode="doc2OrABetterName"/>

And, you need to provide a different matching template (in the specified
mode).

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Craig Sampson craig.sampson@xxxxxxx
> Hi All,
>
>   I am trying to use the doc( ) function, in XSLT 2.0, to get a second
input
> file in one of my transforms. The primary input contains an element
> brefActionSetb that triggers the logic to fetch the second input.
>

>   Within that template I do:
>

>         <xsl:variable name="myActionSet"

select="doc('file://sashq/root/pub/pubs_xiswork/sascrs/prod/v16/eclipse/works
pace/castest/xml/actions.xml')"/>

pace/castest/xml/actions.xml')//actionSet[@id=babcb]"/>

--
Cheers,