[xsl] [ann] oXygen XML Editor version 17

Subject: [xsl] [ann] oXygen XML Editor version 17
From: "George Bina george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:18:11 -0000
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that a new release of oXygen XML editor, version 17 is available from our website
http://www.oxygenxml.com

I will highlight below some of the updates that directly impact XSLT development, but you can find the release notes that describe all 80+ additions in version 17 at
http://oxygenxml.com/whatisnew17.0.html

* Format and indent for embedded XPath expressions
If you have a more complex XPath expression for example in a select attribute, then oXygen will format and indent that expression

* Support the latest version of Saxon XSLT processor
oXygen 17 includes the latest Saxon, version 9.6.0.5

* Dark "Graphite" color theme
If you prefer a dark theme then you can either use the new Graphite theme or use that as the starting point for setting up your preferred colors

In addition to these, there is also XSLT related functionality like the Schematron Quick Fixes support and XML Refactoring.

Schematron Quick Fixes can be used for XSLT to perform different checks and to propose possible fixes, for example you can check with Schematron that all parameters in your XSLT code have a type specified, and if there is no type information for some parameters, provide a quick fix to add the "as" attribute on those parameters.
If you want to find more about quick fixes please join us for a webinar scheduled for Wednesday, May 27 @ 11 AM EDT where we present this functionality
http://oxygenxml.com/events/2015/webinar_oxygen_17_xml_quick_fixes.html

The XML Refactoring functionality introduced in version 17 is one of the main highlights, this allows to define a refactoring action based on an XQuery Update script and apply that on a set of files in a "safe" way, preserving DOCTYPE declaration, attributes order, etc., but the functionality was developed with the idea to support also XSLT and we already have that under development, so XSLT-based refactoring operations are planned for oXygen 17.1. To find more about this, please join our XML Refactoring webinar on Wednesday, June 3 @ 11 AM EDT
http://oxygenxml.com/events/2015/webinar_oxygen_17_xml_refactoring.html

Best Regards,
George
--