Re: [xsl] xsl:next-match for named templates ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:next-match for named templates ?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 20:56:26 -0000
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Max Toro <maxtoroq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But templates are not always used to map a tree to another
> tree. Sometimes you want to create trees from nothing, or using
> parameters or global variables.

In XSLT 3.0 templates can match not only nodes, but also any item()
and also a function()

I have been using a technique where one can have templates in
different stylesheet modules that match the same function.

Within a matching template  one can then use <xsl:next-match/>

One can even write an <xsl:function> that applies templates to a
function -- and in particular -- to itself.

Using this technique allows us to write functions that are highly
extensible and exhibit polymorphic behavior.

For more information, see the 4th module "Pattetns and Matching Them
in Templates" (the clip immediately preceding the last, summary clip
of the module), of my training course "What's New in XSLT 3.0, Part
1":

   http://www.pluralsight.com/courses/xslt-3-0-whats-new-part1

--
Cheers,