[xsl] Introducing myself to the list

Subject: [xsl] Introducing myself to the list
From: "Kevin Veroneau kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 05:31:35 -0000
 Hello everyone,
My name is obviously Kevin, and I joined this group due to my interest in
XSLT/XML technology.  I am mainly using on the browser client side of
things, so I am limited to version 1.0 of XSLT.
My main programming language of choice is Python, of which I have been
using since 2010.  I use python for both general application programming
and of course Web development. Python is my goto language for almost
everything.
My operating system of choice at both home and work is Linux.  At work, I
use RedHat enterprise Linux, and at home my preference since 2002 is
always Debian.
My occupation is a Build and release developer for a product only the
Europeans here may know of, Neteller.  At work I currently don't use
XSLT, but I am trying to incorporate it in various projects I work on,
where it can be useful.
I am currently in the planning stages of developing a client side only
blogging platform written entirely in XML using XSLT for templating.  A
couple years back I was in the process of converting one of my then
somewhat popular blogs, PythonDiary, to use XSLT entirely and browser
based XSLT templating.  I never ended fulfilling thIs unfortunately.
 I personally see a huge value in client side XSLT transformations, as it
vastly reduces both server load and minimizes overall bandwidth for both
the server and client side. I see XSLT as a very efficient content
delivery system with lots of potential.
 After a few days of research, it doesn't seem like any major browser
players plan to deprecate browser based XSLT transformation.  Even
Microsoft's Edge browser supports XSLT, as even Microsoft sees value in
supporting it on the client side.
So that's my introduction, questions?
Sent from my BlackBerry Priv - the most secure mobile device - via the
TELUS Network XSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe (by email)