Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 9.7 released today

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon 9.7 released today
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:53:29 -0000
Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 2015-11-29 at 21:18 +0000, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The fn:serialize() function with a map argument is also new in 3.1,
it's in draft specs that are not yet published, but implemented in
Saxon 9.7.

The editors' drafts are now technically public, but we haven't yet announced that because the Working Groups haven't had a chance to consider it. I hope that'll all happen this week.

Are the drafts of 3.1 now available anywhere on the W3C site?

Saxon's documentation with e.g. http://saxonica.com/html/documentation/functions/fn/json-to-xml.html links to e.g. https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-31/#func-json-to-xml but as that dates from 18 December 2014 it does not seem to have the specifications of new functions. It is a bit difficult to work with the functions without a spec.