Re: [xsl] Function for determining one XPath as subset of another

Subject: Re: [xsl] Function for determining one XPath as subset of another
From: "Adam Retter adam.retter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:59:59 -0000
Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions :-) I am
cross-posting from xquery-talk my results for anyone who is
interested...

Okay so for those that are interested, here is the solution that I
ended up with:

1) I wrote my own XPath 2 parser as I wanted a simplified AST to start
operating from. The project I am working on needs to be under GPL2 and
I could not find a decent Java library that was compatible with that
license - https://github.com/exquery/xpath2-parser/

2) I then wrote some utility functions for descending through the Path
expressions and making subset comparisons -
https://github.com/adamretter/TEI-Completer/blob/master/src/main/java/org/humanistika/oxygen/tei/completer/XPathUtil.java#L79
Yes, this has many limitations and is most likely not complete yet,
but it serves me well for the small subset of XPath path expressions
that I want to support.

3) You can see in my test-cases how I consider one path expression as
a subset of another path expression:
https://github.com/adamretter/TEI-Completer/blob/master/src/test/java/org/humanistika/oxygen/tei/completer/XPathUtilTest.java#L40

On 26 January 2016 at 21:35, Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx

--