Re: [xsl] Accumulator use

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accumulator use
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:39:23 -0000
cmarchand@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I try to cache values who are in external files referenced from my
source file :

source.xml
------------

n.xml
------
<root type="typeN">...</root>

I want to create a map(xs:anyUri, xs:string), where key is the external
file URI, and value is always /*/@type in the file

If the files are huge but you only need the @type attribute of the root element then using `xsl:iterate` and `xsl:break` for an early exit, as described in http://saxonica.com/html/documentation/sourcedocs/streaming/partial-reading.html might be the best approach to avoid parsing the large documents.

External files may be huge, and I'd like to stream them. I create an accumulator, stream input files using this accumulator.

<xsl:accumulator name="acc" as="map(xs:string, xs:string)"
initial-value="map{}">
    <xsl:accumulator-rule match="*[@value]">
       <xsl:sequence select="map:put($value, ./local-name(),
xs:string(./@value))"/>
    </xsl:accumulator-rule>
</xsl:accumulator>

Above you say map(xs:anyUri, xs:string) with the key being the file URI, so why is the accumulator map(xs:string, xs:string) and stores the local name and not the URI?

<xsl:mode name="m" streamable="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:stream href="../../test/resources/entries.xml"
use-accumulators="acc">
       <xsl:apply-templates mode="m"/>
    </xsl:stream>
    <!-- do here something that uses the accumulator -->
</xsl:template>

Where do you parse the referenced files?