Re: [xsl] I output a tab character, then the output file contains space, tab, space ... why?

Subject: Re: [xsl] I output a tab character, then the output file contains space, tab, space ... why?
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 17:51:55 -0000
In your second problem solution I would use a FLOWR statement to construct
the value rather than using for-each:

<xsl:variable name="result" as="xs:string*"
  select="for $item in $foo
              Return f:compute-value($item)"
/>
<xsl:sequence select="result"/>

And of course you could do the string-join there as well.

As far as I can tell the only reason to really need to use for-each in
XSLT 2 is to make something the current context where you then need to do
instructions that operate only on the current context (meaning you can't
just put the thing in a variable and the process that). And off the top of
my head I can't think of what that might be although I've had to do it
recently for something.

In functions I always use the result/sequence pattern simply to make it
easy to report the result before returning it should I need to debug the
function's behavior.

Cheers,

E.
----