[xsl] XSLT or static site generator

Subject: [xsl] XSLT or static site generator
From: "Kevin Veroneau kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:37:20 -0000
 Hello,
Anybody else noticing a proliferation of static site generators made in
dynamic programming languages that generate a fully static site of pure
HTML and CSS?  One such example is Pelican.
I'm curious why XSLT just doesn't rule this space?  XSLT transformations
are very powerful for generating HTML.  It provides features to have
template hierarchies, where you have multiple XSLT files based on other
ones until you have your base template with the general look and feel of
the site.
Furthermore, browsers can also perform XSLT transformations, but lack
some newer XSLT features.
Do you think XSLT should be used in place of say tools like Pelican?  I
recently created a nice looking static site using just XSLT and XML, and
is fully compatible with all current browsers.  I personally don't see a
need for tools like Pelican.
Sent from my BlackBerry Priv - the most secure mobile device - via the
TELUS Network XSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe (by email)