Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE -- How to get Transform Results into a JS Variable?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE -- How to get Transform Results into a JS Variable?
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:42:56 -0000
If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able
to pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you could
write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.

Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 28 Jun 2016, at 15:25, Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi all...
>
> I understand that you can give Saxon-CS a resultDocument in the transform
file, and the transform results show up appended to or replacing the specified
HTML element.  But I need to transform XML into JSON and pass that to
different methods.  Up to now I've been using the browser's XSLT engine to do
this.  I'd love to use Saxon-CE...  Is there a reasonable way to get the
results into a variable?

> (PS...  Please don't tell me that I don't really want to get the results
into a variable.  I understand the temptation to give that as an answer.)