Re: [xsl] How to copy attribute value to text? (Suspected bug involving supplementary characters)

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to copy attribute value to text? (Suspected bug involving supplementary characters)
From: "Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:20:46 -0000
When copying the data and stylesheet into OxygenXML and also enabling bidi
support, the XSLT processing works fine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foo>
  <bar>pp.p p.p p>p2pp; <word
origerror="pp/p	p.">p;p-</word> pp2pp.</bar>
</foo>

So your problems may come form some details in your setup? How are you running
the transform?

BTW, interesting letters!

- Michael

<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I now see that some of my own attempts also worked, on the same ASCII-based
example.

> *****  Suspected bug involving supplementary characters *****
>
> But my real task involves an input XML document, in UTF-8 encoding, that
consists of Deseret Alphabet characters, which are encoded in the
supplementary area.  In such a case, the resulting text content in the <word>
element, copied from an original attribute value, is corrupted.  I saw such
corruption in my own attempts, and couldnbt understand what was happening.