[xsl] Re: Applying style sheet to xml obtained via URL

Subject: [xsl] Re: Applying style sheet to xml obtained via URL
From: "Lizzi, Vincent vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 15:47:26 -0000
Michele,

There are a few ways to have XSLT run inside a web browser, and there are
varying levels of support across different web browsers. The Native browser
support  for XSLT is limited to XSLT 1.0, and some browsers do not have native
support for XSLT. There are products, some freely available, that allow you to
run XSLT in a web browser using Javascript. The most recent are from Saxonica
and support XSLT 2.0 or 3.0:

Saxon CE - http://www.saxonica.com/ce/index.xml
Saxon JS - http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/index.xml

Is running XSLT in a browser a requirement for you, or could you send a
request to a server to have the XSLT processed and the result delivered the
browser?

Cheers,
Vincent