[xsl] is the processing model of XSLT 1.0 bit ambiguous?

Subject: [xsl] is the processing model of XSLT 1.0 bit ambiguous?
From: "Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 05:09:49 -0000
I'd like to give one example, where I find the processing model of XSLT 1.0
ambiguous and it is a fit case of adoptiong to XSLT 2.0 or 3.0. Lets say,
there are sibling "x" nodes (the number of siblings is greater than 1), and
we refer it as /p/x

When we write an experssion /p/x in XSLT 1.0, it may mean various "x"
nodes. But in XSLT 2.0, it doesn't mean like that. To refer to the "x"
nodes at positions 2, 3 .. etc we have another way in 2.0. *In XSLT 2.0,
/p/x means the 1st "x" node*. To refer to all of "x" nodes, we can write in
XSLT 2.0 /p/x[position() gt 0]. To refer to the 2nd one, we can write
/p/x[2] or /p/x[position() = 2]   // this is same for both 1.0 and 2.0
versions.

When you come to the XSLT 2.0 world from 1.0 world, I believe you'd find
lot of determinism (in the sense of formal languages. ref DFA).

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Another non-sensical post from me?

with best regards,
Mukul gandhi