Re: [xsl] Unrequested stdout output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unrequested stdout output
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:39:57 -0000
On 21.12.2016 15:14, Mark Wilson mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I build one of my websites (www.cpslib.org) using a Windows batch file
that has 45 distinct steps (I have never learned XProc and am 77 years
old so maybe never will). Even though I am using <xsl:result-document>
in the style sheet, the characters
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 appear at stdout.  The document itself is written to file as specified
in result-document.

I have greatly simplified the batch file, XML document, and the
stylesheet, but the stdout output still appears when I run the batch
file. I have several other stylesheets in the batch file that use
result-document. Some exhibit this behavior, some do not.

I am unsure if this is an artifact of Saxon 97, the batch file process
,or my code.  Any help?

I think the problem is that your initial template creates some output before the xsl:result-document is hit so the main, primary output goes to the console/standard out.