[xsl] Re: Attribute constructor for @xml:id

Subject: [xsl] Re: Attribute constructor for @xml:id
From: "Martin Holmes gtxxgm-xsl-list-2@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:09:29 -0000
Thanks indeed, that's exactly what I needed to know!

Cheers,
Martin

On 2017-02-07 11:31 AM, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This problem is envisaged in the XSLT spec. See B'11.1.2:

The xml:base, xml:lang, xml:space, and xml:id attributes have two effects in XSLT. They behave as standard XSLT attributes, which means for example that if they appear on a literal result element, they will be copied to the result tree in the same way as any other attribute. In addition, they have their standard meaning as defined in the core XML specifications. Thus, an xml:base attribute in the stylesheet affects the base URI of the element on which it appears, and an xml:space attribute affects the interpretation of whitespace text nodes within that element. One consequence of this is that it is inadvisable to write these attributes as attribute value templates: although an XSLT processor will understand this notation, the XML parser will not. See also 11.1.4 Namespace Aliasing which describes how to use xsl:namespace-alias with these attributes.

Michael Kay
Saxonica