Re: [xsl] Transform a million XML documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transform a million XML documents
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 21:52:33 -0000
> Here is a summary of the ensuing discussion.
>
> Scenario: There are a million XML documents that need to be transformed.
Each file is in the 1-4KB range. The files are organized into directories
about 4 or 5 deep and some directories have 100s or 1000s of files.

> Transforming a million files is easily handled by Saxon-EE,

That is in no way a summary of what I wrote on that thread. I wrote, much more
cautiously "I can't see any particular reason why collection() shouldn't
handle it".

Michael Kay
Saxonica