[xsl] XPath Expressions: Separate predicates or one predicate with AND?

Subject: [xsl] XPath Expressions: Separate predicates or one predicate with AND?
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 22:07:55 -0000
Ibm updating code that has expressions like:

<xsl:when test=b*[@a = b1b and @b = b2b and @c = b3b]b>

My normal practice would be to use separate predicates:

<xsl:when test=b*[@a = b1b][@b = b2b][@c = b3b]b>

But it occurs to me that in this case the expressions are functionally
identical: the set of predicates is effectively an AND group.

Is there any reason to prefer one form expression over the other?

I can imagine that different XSLT processors might apply different
optimization strategies to the two forms, although as webve discussed many
times, thatbs not something you can worry about for general usage.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
Eliot Kimber