Re: [xsl] Re: Ways to Identify & Process Same name XML elements differently based on location in XML tree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Ways to Identify & Process Same name XML elements differently based on location in XML tree?
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 13:17:02 -0000
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:51:59PM -0000, Alex S as.signup@xxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
>    So I had no idea about this kind of processing Graydon.
>
>    http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201710/msg00024.html
>
>    Is there a good article/ guide on learning how this is done?

It's in Kay's "XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference" as
"multiphase transformation".  That's probably the best single
explication.

Googling 'XSLT "multiphase transformation"' will get you a lot of hits.

So will "XSLT pipeline transformation"; you might find Jeni Tennison's
"Beginning XSLT" where there's a worked example of using Cocoon to do
overt pipeline processing.  (I think the terminology would consider
multiphase transformation to be a special case of pipelines.)

You may also like
http://courses.ischool.berkeley.edu/i290-14/s05/lecture-10/allslides.html
which provices a high-level discussion of why one might want to do such
a thing.

-- Graydon