[xsl] C14N and XSLT

Subject: [xsl] C14N and XSLT
From: "Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:12:34 -0000
All,

I am evaluating whether I should make C14N part of an XSLT chain or have something like XMLStarlet at the end of the process.

I believe that by the book, I can not guarantee an XML serialisation from an XSLT renders a canonical XML, can I?
(I am aware of some undocumented tricks that help me force this in some processors, but that is no guarantee for a long lasting solution)

I am leaning towards using a C14N dedicated tooling, but the files are big and XSLT streaming would help

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Geert