Re: [xsl] processing multiple documents concatenated into one

Subject: Re: [xsl] processing multiple documents concatenated into one
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 07:59:44 -0000
If the file is in the form

<root>
</root>
<root>
</root>

then you should be able to present to the XML parser a skeleton document of
the form

<!DOCTYPE dummy [
<!ENTITY x "multidoc.xml"/>]
<dummy>&x;</dummy>

and the XSLT stylesheet will just see this is a normal standard (and
streamable) XML input.

If however the file is in the form

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
</root>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
</root>

then you have a bit more work to do, because this isn't a well formed external
entity. Assuming Java, you will need to write an implementation of the Java
InputStream class that filters the input document and removes the XML
declarations, and present this InputStream as the input to the XML parser.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 29 May 2018, at 07:49, Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> All,
>
> I am (using XSLT3 streaming) processing files that are occasionaly a
concatenation of multiple XML files