[xsl] [ANN] Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:58:12 -0000
Successful shared markup vocabularies, far from being just lists of tags, are
the centers of complex ecosystems that support use and users while drawing
support from both user communities and vendors.

The program for the Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems is now
available: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/symposiumProgram.html
In this symposium, on the day before Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018, we
will discuss features of markup vocabulary ecosystems, how to nurture them,
and how strategies to support some vocabularies might be useful to the
communities that surround other markup vocabularies. We will discuss the ways
in which we create and support shared vocabularies and how several successful
vocabularies were created and how they are managed and documented.

Symposium Logistics:
- When: 30 July 2018
- Where: Cambria Hotel, Rockville, MD
        (a suburb of Washington, DC, 2 blocks from a Metro station)
- More Info: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/index.html
- Program: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/symposiumProgram.html
- Registration: https://balisage.net/registration.html
- Questions: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018          mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
July 31 - August 3, 2018                       http://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium: July 30, 2018                 +1 301 315 9631