[xsl] Embedding XML in another XML

Subject: [xsl] Embedding XML in another XML
From: "Willem Van Lishout willemvanlishout@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 11:38:41 -0000
Hi,

Ibm required to produce an XML file like this using XSLT 1.0:

<?xml version=b1.0b?>

<root>

  <element>

    &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
      &lt;AXFRoot&gt;
        &lt;MAObject type="default" mdclass="EPISODE"&gt;
           &lt;GUID dmname=""&gt;595233000&lt;/GUID&gt;

  </element>

</root>

So basically I have to put a string-encoded XML structure inside another
XML. While I'm sure this is theoretically possible by just using
<xsl:text>, this does not seem like a sustainable way of working with long
and deep structures.

Is this possible without resorting to 'heavier' programming solutions?

If XSLT 2.0 or 3.0 can offer a solution I'd also like to hear.

Unfortunately I am not able to adapt the software on the other side.

Thanks,

Willem