Re: [xsl] XSLT 2+ Options for PHP?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2+ Options for PHP?
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:50:05 -0000
Saxon/C is based on the Java source code of Saxon, compiled using Excelsior
JET into a native executable (e.g. DLL) so there is no remaining dependency on
a Java compiler or run-time (at any rate, any vestigial Java technology is
well hidden). It has a PHP front-end. There's no run-time bridge involved,
though compared to libxslt it does have the limitation of not being able to
take input directly from in-memory tree built directly by an external XML
parser: the input has to be supplied as lexical XML.

Details: http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 3 Jul 2018, at 15:40, Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm tasked with implementing a non-trivial XSLT transform (needs to read
multiple docs and produce multiple HTML result files) within a PHP-based
system.

> I have zero experience with PHP so kind of shooting in the dark here.
>
> I know that PHP uses libxml natively and so only provides XSLT 1 support out
of the box.

> I see also that it's possible to integrate Saxon using the PHP Java bridge.
However this client appears to want to avoid the use of Java in this system
(although I need to confirm that).