Re: [xsl] docbook to dita

Subject: Re: [xsl] docbook to dita
From: "Terry Badger terry_badger@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 20:21:10 -0000
Thank you I will see what oxygen has. Sort of thinking the basic stuff like
tables, lists,B  toc I could use without creating my own. Also I would get an
idea what are best practices.Terry

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Eliot Kimber
ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I
haven't looked at Oxygen's transform, but in the past I've always found it
easier to just build the transform from scratch because DocBook source is so
variable and the target DITA is so variable, that it would be hard to have a
generic DocBook-to-DITA transform that does much more than handle the obvious
mappings.

For example, your DocBook probably only uses a fraction of the DocBook
vocabulary but a generic DocBook-to-DITA transform would have to cover the
whole vocabulary.

But then this is easy for me to say given that generating DITA from random
stuff is my day-to-day work (

Cheers,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

o;?On 10/25/18, 1:35 PM, "Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx"

B  B  Oxygen (http://oxygenxml.com) comes with a built-in docbook-to-DITA
which can be tweaked:
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/18/ug-author/topics/docbook-2-dita-tra
nsform.html
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B  It's based on this, from the DITA Open Toolkit, so you could also start
with this one:
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B  https://sourceforge.net/projects/dita-ot/files/Plug-in_%20dockbook2dita/
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B  Michele
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B  -----Original Message-----
B  B
B  B  From: Terry Badger terry_badger@xxxxxxxxx
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
B  B
B  B  Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:52 PM
B  B
B  B  To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
B  B
B  B  Subject: [xsl] docbook to dita
B  B
B  B
B  B
B  B  I am looking for docbook to dita xsl transforms that are publicly
available for use and modification. Where might I start.
B  B
B  B  Terry Badger
B  B
B  B