[xsl] Xsl stylesheet version =1 with saxon 9.x

Subject: [xsl] Xsl stylesheet version =1 with saxon 9.x
From: "Vasu Chakkera vasucv@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 16:01:33 -0000
We have an xslt that has stylesheet version as 1.0 and we are using saxon
9.7.x. it isn't doing much , just running one xpath.. so it has been there
since ever and no one challenged that xslt. In the past 6 months , very
randomly the system is throwing a random exception , which is pointing in
the direction of stylesheet xpath not returning anything .. when same file
is run again, it works just fine..I could well change the version to 3.0
and fingers crossed it won't happen again. But wanted to know if there is
any benefit in doing so. Clearly the dev team could not find any other
issue.

Having an xslt with version 1.0 and saxon 9.7 .. how does it treat the
stylesheet ...