Re: [xsl] improving performance in creating ids

Subject: Re: [xsl] improving performance in creating ids
From: "Pieter Lamers pieter.lamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 22:02:13 -0000
Hi Wendell, Mike and Martin,

Thanks for your replies. I've seen now that xsl:number can be indeed most helpful (bringing one minute down to half a second). I am still struggling with the from pattern, as I need it to renumber by ancestor having @id, and I do not know how to write that.

B B B B B B B B B  <xsl:number level="any" from="*[@id]"/>
incorrectly renumbers also if there are siblings with an @id.

from="ancestor::*[@id]" returns an error.

Now for some sleep.