Re: [xsl] Dynamic DTD declaration in output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic DTD declaration in output
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 07:06:16 -0000
In XSLT 2.0 you can do:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:result-document doctype-system="{$DefaultDTDPath}" method="xml"
encoding="utf-8">
  </xsl:result-document>
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 15 May 2019, at 06:45, Trevor Nicholls trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi
>
> I've got a simple stylesheet which is executed as a pre-process when XML
documents are loaded into FrameMaker. At the moment the stylesheet includes
the line

>     <xsl:output doctype-system="/path/to/docs.dtd" method="xml"
encoding="UTF-8" />

> Because this stylesheet will be used by different users in several different
contexts, it would be brilliant if the path to the DTD could be parameterised.
I know the following is invalid but the purpose of this post is to ask if
there is any way of engineering an equivalent: