[xsl] Re: XPath expression that yields the same result as xsl:for-each-group?

Subject: [xsl] Re: XPath expression that yields the same result as xsl:for-each-group?
From: "Costello, Roger L. costello@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 18:35:32 -0000
Hi Folks,

Thank you for the awesome responses!

I particularly like Martin's XPath expression:

let $keys :=
    distinct-values(/Test/row/concat(ARPT__IDENT, '|', TRM__IDENT))
return
    for $i in $keys
    return
        array { /Test/row[$i = concat(ARPT__IDENT, '|', TRM__IDENT)] }

However ..... when I open the XML document in Oxygen and type the XPath
expression in the XPath/XQuery Builder, I get this message:

	"The XPath query returned no results"

Why is that?

Is Martin's XPath expression a pure XPath expression? Or, is it relying on
XSLT stuff such as:

	as="array(element(row))*"

My goal is to create a series of standalone XPath expressions that I can
sequentially input and evaluate on the XML instance document. To change my
program, I simply change the XPath expressions!

/Roger