[xsl] XSLT at the XML Summer School

Subject: [xsl] XSLT at the XML Summer School
From: "Priscilla Walmsley pwalmsley@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:16:33 -0000
Hello,

We have announced the program for the XML Summer School, which takes place
September 15-20 in Oxford, UK.

The XSLT and XQuery course may be of particular interest. It is an
intermediate to advanced course with the goal of helping developers who are
currently using XSLT to be more effective and efficient. It's a great
opportunity to spend some time with XSLT and XQuery experts like Adam
Retter, Florent Georges and Jirka Kosek. This year we are putting a bit more
emphasis on 3.0 features. The classes are:

- Refactoring XSLT (taught by Priscilla Walmsley)
- Querying XML Databases with XQuery (taught by Adam Retter)
- XSLT 3.0 and XQuery 3.0/3.1 (taught by Florent Georges)
- XSLT 3.0 for Daily Coding (taught by Jirka Kosek)

You might also be interested in the Hands-on Digital Publishing with XSLT
course for those who have basic XSLT knowledge and want some hands-on
experience applying it to a publishing pipeline. Taught by Norm Walsh,
Lauren Wood, Peter Flynn and Matt Patterson, the classes teach practical
methods for transforming XML, ODF and Word documents to HTML5 for publishing
to the Web or as an ePub.

Of course, the rest of the curriculum and faculty are excellent also. You
can find out more at:

http://xmlsummerschool.com/

The registration fees include lodging and meals, and are, in my opinion,
very reasonable. Oxford is an easy bus ride from Heathrow Airport, making
travel very practical for those of you in North America and farther afield.
So, consider coming to the beautiful town of Oxford this summer to further
advance your XSLT skills and socialize with people with the same interests
and challenges in a relaxed and fun setting.

A 10% early-bird discount applies to those who register before June 30.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question about the curriculum
or the Summer School in general. Hope to see you there!

Priscilla