Re: [xsl] load-xquery-module(): Request for working code example of calling this standard XPath 3.1 function

Subject: Re: [xsl] load-xquery-module(): Request for working code example of calling this standard XPath 3.1 function
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 06:57:33 -0000
The XSLT3 and QT3 test suites are now on GitHub: w3c/xslt30-test and
w3c/qt3tests. The schema tests are there too at w3c/xsdtests.

Tests for load-xquery-module can be found at

https://github.com/w3c/qt3tests/blob/master/fn/load-xquery-module.xml

Most of the tests were written before the "?" syntax was introduced, so they
tend to use $module("functions") where I would now write $module?functions

For example to call a stddev function defined in a query library module:

let $NS := ....
load-query-module($NS)?functions(QName($NS, "stddev"))((12, 34, 45))

The mechanism for locating a query module given its namespace is
implementation-defined, but you can supply a location hint in the options
argument to the function.

Michael Kay

> On 7 Sep 2019, at 03:00, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Could someone please, provide a working code example of calling the standard
XPath 3.1 function  load-xquery-module() ?

> The official specification at:
https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-31/#func-load-xquery-module
<https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-31/#func-load-xquery-module> doesn't
provide any examples.