Re: [xsl] Does XQuery allow you to modify the XML? (remove elements, modify element values)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does XQuery allow you to modify the XML? (remove elements, modify element values)
From: "Elisa Beshero-Bondar ebbondar@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:01:19 -0000
XQuery pattern matching can handle this, and indeed has a dedicated following.
For myself, schooled in both XSLT and XQuery, I really think XSLT identity
transformation is much easier to deploybfewer lines of code. I look forward
to debate on this... I havenbt been happy with how much more work Ibve had
to do to get pattern matching working. (And probably I havenbt been doing it
rightbbut I just returned to XSLT as a better tool for such tasks.)

Cheers,
Elisa

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 17, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Costello, Roger L. costello@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> It's been a long time since I've looked at XQuery.
>
> I need to identify certain elements in XHTML documents and then either
remove the elements or modify their values. Can XQuery do this? Are there free
XQuery tools?