Re: [xsl] Separator for xsl:number @format

Subject: Re: [xsl] Separator for xsl:number @format
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 15:46:53 -0000
I don't think this can be achieved directly; you'll need to use some
workaround. For example, generate the number as A#1 and then post-process to
strip out the '#'. Alternatively, I sometimes find it works better not to use
level=multiple, and instead use a series of calls to xsl:number for the
individual levels.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 23 Oct 2019, at 15:41, Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using xsl:number to format some sections. Here is my instruction:
>
> <xsl:number level="multiple" count="part|subpart" format="A1"/>
>
> I want my subparts to number A1, A2, A3, etc. Instead, I get A.A, A.B, A.C.
>
> <xsl:number level="multiple" count="part|subpart" format="A&#x200b;1"/>
>
> If I add a zero-width space to the format, I get the desired result, but I
want to know if this is necessary. I am using XSLT 2 and Saxon 9. Thank you
very much.