Re: [xsl] Is there an XSLT/XPath processor good enough to use in life-critical applications?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is there an XSLT/XPath processor good enough to use in life-critical applications?
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 07:22:32 -0000
> The right question, though, is, surely, does the software do what we
> need, sufficiently reliably for our purpose.
>
> And clearly the answer is yes for a great many applications of XML
> technologies.
>
> Liam

Having said that, I suspect the weak point of most XSLT-based applications is
that they haven't been tested on a wide enough variety of data inputs.

(Compare my anecdote of the operating system that crashed when presented with
an upside-down deck of punched cards.)

Producing a sufficient variety of data inputs as test cases is a significant
challenge, and most people don't bother.

Michael Kay
Saxonica