Re: [xsl] [ANN] 20 years of XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] 20 years of XSLT
From: "jfrm.maurel@xxxxxxxxx jfrm.maurel@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 19:44:49 -0000
Hi,

Le 15/11/2019 C 09:55, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx a C)critB :
The XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 recommendations were published on 16 November 1999 - twenty years ago on Saturday.

To celebrate, and to remind people how far the technology has come since then, we've got a special offer on the Saxonica online shop: for this weekend only, you can buy a full Saxon-EE license for GBP 100 (usual price GBP 360).

Thank you to Mr Kay for this offer that I took advantage and thank you to all thoose who contribute to this field.

I take this opportunity to particularly thank Mr David Carlisle who made me discover the power of xslt to transform mathml into html in the early 2000 if I remember well thru pmathml.xsl.
At this time I was looking for an easy way to switch from powerpoint presentation to html files. I then discovered that xml, mathml, svg + xslt, xslfo and other xml language could greatly help me in the construction of my small bussiness created in 2000 (professional development in mechanical engineering).
Since then xslt and friends are used in nearly all the processes of my company for issuing administrative and technical documents, building commercial website , managing our small team and so on.
So I can bear witness that both xslt and this list together with saxon and java tools greatly helped me to learn a lot as I am a self-taught in this field and to developp my bussiness.

Regards

--
Jean-FranC'ois MAUREL
PIMECA