Re: [xsl] command line option like -xsltversion:(2.0|3.0) with Saxon 9.9

Subject: Re: [xsl] command line option like -xsltversion:(2.0|3.0) with Saxon 9.9
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 14:15:24 -0000
Yes, we've managed to keep the licenses forwards and backwards compatible over
releases (with one exception, namely if they contain non-ASCII characters, and
in that case we're happy to issue a replacement license).

Michael Kay
Saxonica

<mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> If you want to use an old version of XSLT, use an old version of Saxon...
>
> If someone buys a Saxon-EE full 9.9 license today (with the main use case of
running XSLT 3.0), can that license be used to run older versions of Saxon-EE
(that supports only XSLT 2.0 but not XSLT 3.0)?