Re: [xsl] Using @validation and @type?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using @validation and @type?
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 07:50:06 -0000
Am 26.11.2019 um 02:38 schrieb David Birnbaum djbpitt@xxxxxxxxx:
Dear XSL-list,

I'm beginning to explore schema-aware processing, and for a real
project I need to create some temporary elements with attributes that
I would like to treat as integers. In the non-schema-aware version I
explicitly pass the attributes through the number() function when I
need integer behavior, and that does what I want, but I thought that
if I typed the values as xs:integer when creating them they wouldB be
recognized as instances of that type when used, and would have integer
behavior, so that I could avoidB using the number() function explicitly.

I created a small test sample below that replicates the problem I see
in my real code, and I would be grateful if someone could please
advise about whatB I've misunderstood. What I think I'm doing is
creating a a variable that contains <cell> elements withB @row
attributes that are typed as xs:integer, and that therefore should
behave as integers when I use them. But when I test in the
<xsl:for-each> at the end whether they are instances of integers, the
system reports that they are not. I'm running the tests at the command
line with Saxon EE and the -sa and -it switches. Thank you for any
guidance you might be able to provide.

Best,

David
__

B  B  xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
exclude-result-prefixes="xs" version="3.0">
B  B  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
B  B  <xsl:template name="xsl:initial-template">
B  B  B  B  <xsl:variable name="test" as="element(test)">
B  B  B  B  B  B  <test xsl:validation="preserve">
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  <xsl:for-each select="1 to 5">
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  <cell>
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  <xsl:attribute name="row"
type="xs:integer"
select="."/>
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  <xsl:text>Hi!</xsl:text>
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  </cell>
B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B  </xsl:for-each>
B  B  B  B  B  B  </test>
B  B  B  B  </xsl:variable>
B  B  B  B  <xsl:for-each select="$test//cell">
B  B  B  B  B  B  <xsl:message select="@row, @row instance of xs:integer"/>
B  B  B  B  </xsl:for-each>
B  B  B  B  <root>
B  B  B  B  B  B  <xsl:sequence select="$test"/>
B  B  B  B  </root>
B  B  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Where do you import a schema?