Re: [xsl] Group handling of multiple IDREFS

Subject: Re: [xsl] Group handling of multiple IDREFS
From: "Peter Flynn peter@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 01:30:18 -0000
On 19/12/2019 23:51, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If this was schema-aware, then atomizing the @to attribute would return a list of atomic values, so it would all just work...

As it is, can't you simply do group-by="tokenize(@to)"? Or have I missed something?

No, you're right. I knew there would be an elegant solution that I would have missed, but it was getting late for my brain to be functioning properly. Thank you.

Note that when the group-by expression selects multiple values, the element will appear in multiple groups. XSLT 3.0 introduces composite="yes" which means that the multiple values are treated as a single grouping key.

Thanks again...in this case that's fine, as I am only addressing the very first occurrence.

Peter