Re: [xsl] What does //distinct-values(...) mean?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What does //distinct-values(...) mean?
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 13:21:51 -0000
Martin didn't say that it operated on a sequence of strings.

He explained that the "//" operator expands to address a bunch of nodes, and then the distinct-values() function is evaluated from each of those nodes.

XPath is evaluated from left to right and the "//" is evaluated before the distinct-values() function is evaluated.

I hope this helps.