Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: normalize-mixed()

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: normalize-mixed()
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 19:34:37 -0000
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 07:01:37PM -0000, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> > I don't know of any actual shared libraries for XSLT
>
> Priscilla Walmsley's FunctX library falls into this category, I think.

So far as I can tell, FunctX for XSLT is a single XSLT 2.0 stylesheet defining the functions which is downloaded as a stand-alone file.

That is to my mind somehow categorically different from something like the node-js benchmarking library at https://github.com/bestiejs/benchmark.js.git

I think it's the absence of packaging -- there's no way to say "get me the FunctX library" as some sort of abstract reference through a package management mechanism -- and the absence of library dependency information as language mechanisms that makes me think "that's really useful, but it's not a shared library".

I could be falling into philosophical error, here.  But to me it doesn't feel like a library; I can have a stylesheet say "use this" via import or include, but I can't manage any dependencies by a means other than calendar reminders to go look at web pages.

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish@xxxxxxxxx
^fs oferiode, pisses swa mfg.