[xsl] Seeking XSLT code that provides a "Go to definition" capability

Subject: [xsl] Seeking XSLT code that provides a "Go to definition" capability
From: "Dr. Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:45:01 -0000
Hi Folks,

One of the really nice features of Oxygen is that one can right-mouse click on
an element and select "Go to definition" and then Oxygen displays the XML
Schema element declaration in the XML Schema file. Kudos to the Oxygen folks!

I want that capability in my XSLT program. That is, I want my XSLT program to
navigate through the elements in an XML document and then at each element I'd
like to be able to "Go to definition" and collect information about the
element's declaration: the schema file that the element is contained in,
minOccurs, maxOccurs, type, default, fixed, xs:annotation, facets, and other
things.

I looked into SAXON and it provides capabilities for doing the thing that I
want. It has the Schema Component Model (SCM) and the extension functions
saxon:schema() and saxon:type(). Those are excellent but unfortunately they
don't provide access to some of the items that I need such as the schema file
that the element is contained in and the xs:annotation associated to the
element.

Question: Do you have XSLT code that provides a "Go to definition"
capability?

/Roger