Re: [xsl] Tool that measures the performance of an XSLT program ata fine granularity?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Tool that measures the performance of an XSLT program ata fine granularity?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 21:30:04 -0000
On Sun, 2020-07-26 at 21:00 +0000, Dr. Roger L Costello
costello@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Michael. If there is no way to get the performance of the
> basic pieces of an XSLT program, then how does one determine what is
> causing an XSLT program to run slow? For example, I have a function f
> that calls functions A, B, and C. The SAXON profile tool says that
> the total execution time for A, B, and C is 1 ms. The profile tool
> says that total time for f is 6 minutes. Without fine-grain
> profiling, I see no way to determine what is causing f to take so
> long to execute. Suggestions?

You need to look at what f calls in turn.

If possible, try simplifying the expression in question, even if it
gives wrong answers - e.g. remove the call to pow() or the
multiplication. If $length is large, random-sequence() may be slow,
too.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org