Re: [xsl] Need help with XSLT tokenize

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need help with XSLT tokenize
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 03:38:50 -0000
On Thu, 2020-08-13 at 03:10 +0000, Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx
> my intuition, would have been to go with a loop (sometimes, I still
> think
> procedurally amidst XSLT's template paradigm).

Note that XSLT does not have, and has never had, loops in the
procedural sense (although there's a saxon:while extension which is
close).

For example, the XSLT processor is free to evalueate for-each in any
order, as long as the result ends up sorted appropriately.

But it's a common impression that many people have, that for-each is a
loop.  The impression can lead to problems in corner cases.

I agree with you that Dmitre's solution is elegant.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org