Re: [xsl] Source code formatting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Source code formatting
From: "Jorge chocolate.camera@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:06:50 -0000
I feel by no means proficient in XSL but most of the times I need to recall a
variable I use <xsl: sequence select="$var"/>. Most of the times it has the
same effect as value-of, but when it doesnbt, itbs not the latter what I
expected. If I am not wrong, sequence returns the actual node, intact, while
value-of converts it text.

<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribiC3:

> o;?
> It does.
>
> I now see that the reason for its disappearance is that in my stylesheet, I
have following character mapping in my stylesheet:
> <xsl:output-character character="&#10;" string="&#10;"/>
>
> Which I need in order not to have literal newlines converted to an entity. I
guess I have to choose between one or the other.