[xsl] Attribute order recommendations

Subject: [xsl] Attribute order recommendations
From: "Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 07:45:21 -0000
Folks,

Understanding XSLT as quick as possible is important. This blog post with the
motto "Spare the maintainer" impressed me some years ago:
https://blog.xml.rocks/xslt-naming-conventions/
<https://blog.xml.rocks/xslt-naming-conventions/>

But what about attribute order conventions?

I started putting the typing attribute as="b&" at the end of e.g.
xsl:variable, xsl:function or xsl:param.

But then I meet tunnel="yes", shall I put it before as="b&" or at the very
end, to make it more obvious to the casual observer?

Also, in a recent post by Graydon Saunders I notice as="b&" as the very first
attribute on every xsl:variable, even before name="b&" which also makes sense
to me somehow.

Have I missed some insightful source/post, or can we discuss the benefits of
attribute order conventions?

- Michael MC<ller-Hillebrand