Re: [xsl] Merge 2 xmls : Loop through one xml and get elements from second xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] Merge 2 xmls : Loop through one xml and get elements from second xml
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 15:57:10 -0000
Am 01.09.2020 um 17:41 schrieb Prady Prady prady.chin@xxxxxxxxx:

Why can't I do something like this?B But below one i*s NOT working .. *

*I need to know how to select amount based on the supplied order num: *
 B  B  <xsl:value-of
select="$Orders_Part2/orders*/order_num[$ordernum]*/amount"/> ==> not
working

Well, what do you expect it to do? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If the key use in my original XSLT 1 suggestion seems too complicated
then use plain XPath

<xsl:template match="order">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="$doc2//order[order_number =
current()/order_number]/amount"/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

But don't come along tomorrow or next week and complain that it doesn't
perform well on larger input documents.