Re: [xsl] xpath versions comparison

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath versions comparison
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 07:44:48 -0000
On Sat, 2021-01-02 at 06:01 +0000, Mukul Gandhi
mukulg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
> B B B  As we all know, currently we've following versions of XPath
> language:
> 1.0, 2.0 & 3.1.
>
> I've been trying to think that, what are the major differences
> between the
> above mentioned XPath versions. Below are my thoughts,
>
> 1)  XPath 2.0 has introduced sequences,

right, and the nodes are now typed.

> Now we can see, XPath 4.0 spec being developed by W3C,

4.0 is not being developed "by the W3C"  but in a community group wih a
mailing list and wiki hosted by W3C. There is no longer a W3C XSLT
Working Group.

There are many more differences between the versions; each spec has a
Changes section, and Mike Kay's XSLT 2 book highlights some less
obvious changes.

But you have found many of the main changes i think.

Liam

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org